What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we collect information
In any interaction you may have with Smart Clothing Menswear, we collect information in the following ways:
1. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our site, or any time you visit us, or purchase our products, or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in forms, or clicking on active buttons (call to action) on our site, e.g. ‘Add to Bag’, ‘Add to Wishlist’, etc. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time.
2. When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, we also interact with customers via Facebook. In using social media (e.g. by signing onto Smart Clothing Menswear using your Facebook or Twitter log-in), you may give us permission to access your information in that social media channel or in other services. So, if your email address on our mailing list and website data are the same you use on your social media, this would enable us to obtain information and content from those accounts. Or if you’re using the site on your mobile, you can also choose to provide us with location data. The information we obtain from those services does depend on your settings for that service or their privacy policies. So you should always regularly check what those are. For example, you can check this on your browser settings or phone settings.
3. When our systems collect information or data as you use our websites, or use websites that are connected to us (“System Collected Data”)
Whenever you use a website, app, or another Internet service, there’s certain information that gets created and recorded automatically by the IT systems necessary to operate that site, app or service. The same applies to us. For example:
(b) In addition, the type of device you’re using to access Smart Clothing Menswear and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are, and why a crash has happened. What information we can be provided with depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
Why do we collect information about you and what do we do with it?
At the headline level, we collect two types of information:
- “personally identifiable” information (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you); or
- “non-personally identifiable” information (meaning it relates to you but can’t be used to specifically identify you i.e. anonymous data like your unique Smart Clothing Menswear customer number).
When explaining the specific information we collect about you, we will endeavor to confirm which is “personally identifiable” and which is “non-personally identifiable” on the other.
The easiest way to explain the specific information we collect about you is to look at every different point of interaction you may have with Smart Clothing Menswear, as we collect different information at different points in your user or customer journey with Smart Clothing Menswear. These interaction points include the following:
- Browsing our site;
- Saving an item;
- Logging into Smart Clothing Menswear once registered;
- Making a purchase from Smart Clothing Menswear (i.e. adding to bag, checking out and completing a purchase);
- Contacting Smart Clothing Menswear Customer Service, either about an order or for any other reason;
- Using Smart Clothing Menswear social media channels;
- Clicking on Smart Clothing Menswear banners, hyperlinks or plugins.
Set out below is an explanation of what information we collect at each of these interaction points, along with confirmation of (a) whether you directly give it to us, or we collect it with your permission, or whether it is collected by our technical systems; and (b) whether it is “personally identifiable” information or “non-personally identifiable” information:
- the IP address of the computer or the proxy server that you use to access Smart Clothing Menswear – this is personally identifiable information;
- The type of device used to access our site, your computer operating system details and settings, your type of web browser and your settings for that browser, the name of your ISP, (if you are accessing Smart Clothing Menswear using a mobile device) your mobile device, your mobile operating system, your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system, and location data (if you have that functionality set up) and other general device or systems information – this is non-personally identifiable information;
- statistical information and log data about number of visits to certain pages on the site (e.g. homepage, category pages, etc); the pages you viewed and activities you carried out during your visit; the date and time of your visit; the duration of an individual page view, the paths taken by visitors through the site – this is also non-personally identifiable information.
If you are logged in on Smart Clothing Menswear when browsing, a cookie on your device will also identify you, and record and associate all of this non-personally identifiable usage information and log data with your account.
Registering on Smart Clothing Menswear: In order to place an order with Smart Clothing Menswear, you have the option to create an account with us and become a registered user. You can also purchase as a guest user but we still need your information for order processing and order communications. To create an account and register with us, you need to provide us with at least the following Directly Provided Data, all of which will be personally identifiable information:
- your name;
- your email address;
- a password;
- your mobile phone number.
After you create an account and register with us, you can then choose to provide further information about yourself during the registration process (for example, your gender and location).
When you create an account and register with us, Smart Clothing Menswear will keep that Directly Provided Data for as long as you are registered with us, so that we can then use it to identify you by your Smart Clothing Menswear profile, to operate all the systems (such as delivery systems) to enable you to place an order to purchase products from Smart Clothing Menswear, and to offer you a personalized, relevant experience on Smart Clothing Menswear.
- Logging into Smart Clothing Menswear: Once registered, if you wish to log in, you will need to input your email address and password again, which is Directly Provided Data and personally identifiable information. This will be matched to the up-to-date Directly Provided Data of the same type associated with your account to confirm your identity and to enable you to place an order to purchase products from Smart Clothing Menswear.
Purchasing from Smart Clothing Menswear: To purchase products from Smart Clothing Menswear, you will need to do the following:
- click the relevant button on the site to add the product(s) to your bag – at which point our systems will collect this Directly Provided Data relating to the identity, size and other product attributes of the item(s) you’ve added, so the item(s) can then be displayed in your ‘Bag’ until the end of that visit. This is non-personally identifiable information;
- be logged in or proceed as a guest user (see above for an explanation of the information required to do that);
- select certain options relating to the delivery of the products you wish to order – our systems will collect this Directly Provided Data relating to your delivery selections in order to be able to fulfill and deliver your products to you by your required delivery method, should you complete your order. This is non-personally identifiable information;
- input certain details relating to your credit card, or log-in details for certain other payment systems, such as PayPal. This Directly Provided Data will be collected by the payment gateways. We use Worldpay and PayPal as third party payment gateways for your protection. This means we (Smart Clothing Menswear/A&D Hope Ltd) don’t hold your card details. These details are personally identifiable information.
- To complete your order, you finally need to click the relevant button to ‘Place Order’. When we have this Directly Provided Data, we will record the full details of the completed order in our systems for as long as you are registered with us/guest user, so we can (a) fulfil and deliver your order, (b) add it to your order history and have a record of your purchases in order to deal with any queries you may have or process any returns you may wish to make, and (c) include it within the financial records of our business transactions. This is all personally identifiable information provided by you.
Contacting Smart Clothing Menswear Customer Service: if you contact our customer service department for any reason (for example when you submit a question using the contact form), irrespective of which of the available communication channels you use to contact us, we will record the contact and collect all applicable information relating to the contact. Details of the contact with you will be both Directly Provided Data and personally identifiable information, which we will then:
- keep and use to help us categorise your specific question or contact, respond to it, and, if applicable, investigate, deal with and resolve any issue or incident, and
- keep for so long as you are registered with us so we have a history of all of our communications with you, any issues you may have had with us, and what we did to resolve those issues or incidents, which we can then use to ensure that we deal with any further contacts appropriately.
- Using or interacting with Smart Clothing Menswear social media channels: When you use or interact with any of our social media channels (like Facebook and Twitter), we may collect, record and retain certain System Collected Data and User Authorised Data regarding your activities on those social media channels, such as the frequency of your visits. For example, if you choose to use the Facebook “like” button to indicate you like any of our pages or apps, or if you tag any of your social media contacts or link to them in any content you post, we will record this information. This is most like to be non-personally identifiable information but may also include personally identifiable information depending upon your settings with those channels. Any content you put or add on any of our social media channels will be Directly Provided Data, which may be personally identifiable information depending upon the content. We will collect, record and use that content and any other information you provide when putting or adding it to any of our social media channels (including any information that you have permitted those social media channels to share with us or that is allowed by your user settings on those sites).Finally, any additional information about you that you need to provide when you use a particular social media channel or app will be explained in the terms and conditions for that app.
- Clicking on Smart Clothing Menswear emails, banners, hyperlinks or plugins: if you view or click on emails that we have sent you, or on banners, hyperlinks or plugins we have placed on our website or other websites, both the fact that you have done so , as well as the address of the site you were on when you did so, will be Directly Provided Data that we will record. This is all non-personally identifiable information. We will use this information to track and analyse how successful those emails, banners, hyperlinks or plugins are in engaging with you.We are constantly innovating to improve Smart Clothing Menswear and the Services, which means we may create new ways to collect information from you. If we do, we’ll tell you about any new information we are collecting through updates to this notice.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have created an account, placed an order or opted in to receive our newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use “cookies”?
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include A&D Hope Ltd. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please click ‘unsubscribe’ on the footer of the email you have received from us. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production. To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
Smart Clothing Menswear is part of A & D Hope Ltd. A & D Hope Ltd – Registration Number: 07322450. Registered Office: 73 Cornhill, London, EC3V 3QX.